For Andrew Chase, DMD, MSD, Orthodontics is a family affair — working alongside his father Dr. Robert Chavez at ARCH since 1998. Together, they have improved tens of thousands of smiles and lives from Boston to Cape Cod. While Dr. Chavez started the practice in 1974, the ARCH name and brand was born when Dr. Chase made the decision to settle in Massachusetts upon completion of his orthodontic residency. Together, they expanded the practice from two offices to the multi-location practice you enjoy today. The name ARCH was created by Dr. Chase from three roots; first it is an acronym for their combined names: Andrew, Robert, Chase and Chavez. Second, it represents the dental arch, their primary focus for improvement, and finally, it represents strength of both family and the arch structure itself.
What’s kept him in the business? The future, more specifically, his patients’ future. Dr. Chase enjoys the satisfaction of knowing he can change the way patients of all ages experience life by correcting and perfecting something as evident as their smile.
“We are improving the lives of people in ways that many don’t even realize are happening. We’re effectively changing their future,” said Dr. Chase. “Patients who come to us enter an environment where they’re surrounded by professionals who truly love what they do. We don’t approach our work like it’s a job. We’re creating and customizing smiles. We help to create dreams. Call us dream enablers!”
Although he grew up as a “city kid” in The Bronx, he enjoys being in the suburbs of Boston for a number of reasons. “It’s so rewarding to really get to know who our patients truly are. We spend years with them during treatment and develop a relationship with entire families that is very unique, and being able to see them in and around town really fosters the familial relationships we strive for” said Dr. Chase. “You see the transformation in their smile and their life. There’s nothing more special than putting a smile on someone’s face and having such a positive impact on their life. Another joy of being in practice for a long time, is reconnecting with your former patients, who are now parents bringing their children to see us!”
For Dr. Chase, being exceptional at what he does is truly who he is. “We consistently educate our team in order to perform at the highest levels. The education goes well beyond just clinical techniques. Our team members are coached to approach both their professional and personal lives with our ARCH philosophy which uses core values as a guide and is recognized by the acronym SPIRE: Support, Professionalism, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.”
Dr. Chase stays busy outside the office with wife Kimberly and their two daughters, Chloe and Mila. He also enjoys boxing, working out, cooking, barbecuing, traveling, skiing, snowboarding, and just being outdoors.
- State University of New York – Albany (Undergraduate Studies–left prior to graduation to enter dental school after 3 years of college)
- Boston University School of Dental Medicine (Doctorate in Dentistry)
- Boston University School of Dental Medicine (Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study; Master’s in Science in Oral Biology)
- One-year General Practice Residency at Saint Barnabas Hospital
- Chief Dental Resident at Saint Barnabas Hospital
Accreditations & Affiliations
- American Association of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Association of Orthodontists (Past Treasurer, Past President, Current Chairman Public and Professional Relations Committee)
- South Shore District Dental Society
- Operation Smile–World Journey of Hope and Inaugural Mission to Peru