For over four decades, Robert Chavez, has been treating generations of families and their smiles in southeastern Massachusetts. Starting in Stoughton, Dr. Chavez began practicing in 1974. Shortly thereafter, he expanded the practice to its second location which was Hyde Park. The ARCH name and brand was born when his son, Dr. Andrew Chase, joined the practice in 1998. Together, they expanded the practice to the multi-location practice you enjoy today. The name ARCH was conceived from three roots; first it is an acronym for their combined names: Andrew, Robert, Chase and Chavez. Second, it represents the dental arch, their primary focus for improvement, and finally, it represents strength of both family and the arch structure itself.
While in dental school, Dr. Chavez worked as a teacher pursuing a dedication to education that had deep-seeded roots within his family, dating back to his grandfather and grandmother who taught in Russia.
“There’s a love of giving and creating a cooperative society that was exemplified in the old days of education,” Dr. Chavez said. “This role of teacher translates to the role of doctor as a means of communicating with patients and parents. It’s about using my profession as a creative expression of who I am, and what I’d like to have as far as healing the world and making sure my team is able to operate effectively, efficiently, and joyfully in their chosen work,” he said.
Dr. Chavez’s vision of a passionate team, dedicated to providing the most comprehensive, caring, and complete Orthodontic care to patients of all ages has come to fruition. The team is committed to a simple mission: “To be the best Orthodontic group practice and give patients the best possible smile for the rest of their lives.”
ARCH’s success can be traced to adherence to five core values: Support, Professionalism, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence. (SPIRE)
“The secret to creating generations of beautiful smiles means treating people so well that they have an exceptional experience which they remember. That leads to long-lasting memories, and friendships through which we become family. That closeness and trust starts with our youngest patients.”
Dr. Chavez looks to his role of Dad to four fabulous children as the apex of his life. Along with the joy of being a husband, Dr Chavez rounds out his life with golf, fishing, sculpting, drawing, carpentry, metal working, building and remodeling houses. “It is a delight – working with and enjoying the relationships of thousands of patients, parents and friends developed through ARCH over four decades,” he said.
- Hunter College (Undergraduate Studies)
- Howard University (Doctorate in Dental)
- Boston University School of Dental Medicine (Certificate of Orthodontics)
- U.S. Public Health Service – San Francisco, CA (One-year internship)
Awards & Affiliations
- Alexene Montigue Cobb Award for Excellence in Anatomy
- Block Drug Essay Award – “the effects of cancer chemotheraputic drugs on the oral mucosa”
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Massachusetts Association of Orthodontics (Past President, Treasurer)
- American Dental Association
- South Shore Dental Society
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital (Associate Surgeon)
- Operation Smile
- Stoughton Youth Commission as a founding member in 1978 and continuing over twenty-five years!