Guys who are on the fence about getting braces as adults need to know it’s definitely about more than just having straight teeth. It’s about living your best (most productive) years with a uniquely attractive self-confidence that only comes from a straight smile.
You’ll get better results when you talk to your ARCH orthodontist in the Greater Boston area about braces at a time that’s right for you. We can help you decide what kind of teeth straightening treatment option works best for your schedule, and your budget – or at least formulate a comprehensive plan with one significant end result – a perfectly straight smile that gets you noticed and respected for all the right reasons.
But as anyone who’s ever considered braces can tell you, it isn’t always an easy decision.
Sometimes you need an experienced team like the experienced, talented team at ARCH Orthodontics with nine locations in Greater Boston to help you on your way. So here are 3 big reasons why guys like you should simplify your path to the healthy, straight smile you’ve always wanted to pursue.
#1. Your Smile Health Affects Your Overall Health
One of the big inspirations behind this blog and why we chose to share it with you this month is because June is Men’s Health Month. Now is a better time than ever to put the focus on you and your health. As we age, our bodies tend to need a little more help to stay healthy. We can eat right, exercise, and do everything we’re told but still have health issues.
That’s where adult orthodontics from your ARCH orthodontists can change your life. Over the years, we’ve worked with guys like you who wanted a straight smile and were struggling with:
- Stomach problems because of their teeth’s inability to thoroughly break down food
- Migraines and headaches due to teeth grinding
- Damaged teeth that broke and deteriorated due to misalignment
- Gradual bone loss from an unbalanced bite
- A reduction in function because teeth are crooked and cracked
According to the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), there’s been a dramatic 40 percent increased over the last ten years for adult patients seeking orthodontic treatment. Men make up a little less than half of these patients.
#2. Guys Should Stop Avoiding The Dentist (And The Doctor)
We know you’re smart. We also know that if you’re an adult male, your less likely to keep up with routine oral health care. It’s relatively common, and there are a variety of reasons for that.
- LESS likely to brush twice a day and after meals
- MORE likely to avoid the fact that they have untreated severe dental issues
- MORE likely to say they’re too busy to keep up with appointments
- More likely to want someone else to make the appointments for them, and
- More likely to have an “I’ll just wait and see what happens” approach to dental care
The problem with procrastination or avoidance is there are serious long-term health issues that scientists are finding have a deep connection between what’s happening your mouth and the rest of your body.
Recent evidence shows ailments such as heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and strokes are related to how much attention you give to your smile – specifically your gums. Periodontal or gum disease allows harmful bacteria to enter the body’s blood flow and intensify these conditions.
It’s crucial that adult men (of any age) pay particularly close to attention to what your gums may be trying to tell you – especially if they’re painful, tender, swollen, bleeding, and leading to loose teeth.
#3. Women (and Bosses) Like A Straight, Confident Smile
So there are actual studies that show women lust after men with straight teeth and that you’re more likely to be chosen for a promotion if you’re smile is on point. In 2012, Kelton conducted a study on behalf of Invisalign, and the results are still relevant to what we continue to see and hear today. Results show:
- 71% of women are drawn to men who have a straight smile when dabbling in the dating scene
- Adults with straight teeth looking for love on dating sites are 57% more likely to get a date based on just their picture, compared to someone with an uneven smile
- Respondents results showed adults with straight teeth are 45% more likely to get a job over someone with the same skill set and a crooked smile who’s vying for the same position
- Straight smiles were perceived as 58% more likely to be a successful and make more money
So there you have it. Adult men can only improve their health and their quality of life by trusting your ARCH orthodontist in Greater Boston to straighten your teeth. We have nine offices (Brockton, Orleans, Hyannis, Stoughton, Hyde Park, Canton, Westwood, Randolph, and Bridgewater) completely equipped to tackle your crooked smile problems. There really are a variety of treatment options at ARCH orthodontics ranging from traditional metal braces to Invisalign aligners that are virtually invisible. There’s never any judgment or hassle when it comes to your dental and orthodontic decisions.
We’ll start the conversation you’ve been putting of and work with you every step of the way to define your treatment goals and design a plan that simple and affordable. Confidence is just a phone call away at your nearest ARCH Orthodontics location!